Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

£2,000 Raised for wounded Servicemen.

WOW !!!! 

We just passed the £2,000 mark raised for wounded Servicemen.I started this Challenge in November 2012. Where I took 15 weeks off work, unpaid, and started to work out what I was going to do. I wanted to make a difference to some of the least fortunate people, who have given the most and yet receive the least.

I am not a politician, ( too honest ),but how they can send Troops to War .And then not provide any support when they return without arms and legs? I'ts beyond me. All at the same time, our government give away £12 Billion a year in " aid " !! So instead of moaning at about it, as I watch the News. I decided to put together a Challenge and try to raise £15,000. My first target being £2,000.

So this is a personal " thank you " to all those who have supported this Challenge with a donation on my charity page. It's costing me all my savings, car and my nice TV.( Gutted.) But there is a great feel good factor. I said I would dedicate 15 months of my life to wounded servicemen, 9 months into it, it has taken over my life.

Well, my eggs are all in one basket. 6 weeks to departure from The Bikerstore in Blindley Heath. Surrey @ 1400 hrs.Come along, there will be a burger van there.And an offer from Tony International Stunts to do a bike jump over the 20 odd Suzuki Van Van owners that will be there.The Bikerstore has a great range of kit and Johnathan ,the owner, will be on hand to wizz you around everything. There will be a send off, ride off for a few miles. And you never know, the local papers.

Behind the scenes here,I have a Statistics Graph. It shows numbers of visits to this blog and where they are located globally.I couldn't help but notice that there are lots of folk from Latvia reading this blog. So ....." Labdien. un apsveicams ". ( Good afternoon and Welcome.) Never ceases to amaze me who is reading this.Mainly UK and USA, but literally all over the world. Helped two days ago by Nottingham Boxer ( my home town ), Carl Froch. IMF World Boxing Champion.Tweeting  An Idiot Got Bored...The Slow Way Down. I had nearly 400 visits that day. He also Tweeted Eddie Hearn the Challenge. So I have some very big fingers crossed that they might be able to help with the void in my budget. Born of loosing a sponsoring company.

We shall see. Please read the last blog to see where I am short. If you can help, or know somebody who can.....please forward this Blog to them. :)

So once again...." a big, big thank you " for all your donations so far. Lets get these brave men, who have lost arms and legs in service of our country, walking and living a normal life again.

If you wish to help me out with some petrol money, click the " Team Fuel Button " on the right hand side of the screen. it's a Paypal Account in the name of London to Johannesburg.It will be used to solely help pay for the fuel. Which is going to be approx. £1,300 for the 25,000 kms.

And if you want to make the last 9 months all worth while, click the Help for Heroes logo,top right. And make a donation to my charity page.

Pending is meeting up with Tony International, and getting the rear luggage rack made and fitted.A load more jabs for nasty diseases.And a begging letter to the RAC, asking for sponsorship of my Carnet de Passage.Now that would make a huge difference, as it's £757 !!

Speak soon. Any help,possible sponsorship,suggestions or sarcastic jokes...just e mail me

Will Moore