Pages

Thursday 1 August 2013

I need some help!

Hi all,

Ok straight to the point.Last November I started on this Challenge at home. I wanted to give something and make a difference to those I feel have contributed the most and yet,have the least. Wounded Servicemen do not get a very good deal in life.I am not going to get all political, it's not my objective. But,what I have set out to do, is help our wounded servicemen have arms and legs.Giving them a chance to have a normal life. A life with some dignity and independence. Not just stuck in a wheel chair with no legs and abandoned !!!

All these brave men and women want, is a chance of a new life. A life after the Armed Forces, whilst having served their country, they have returned to little or no support or funding I find it shocking !!


If he can do it, so can I !!



So I set my stall out in November,little did I know it would take 15 weeks to plan this Challenge.I did it unpaid, whilst still covering the usual costs of paying rent and bills.I now work as crew on The Extreme Stunt Show. It allowed me to learn off some great riders such as Josh Grinrod, Dave Wiggins and John Elliot. And learn basic mechanics off  Tony International " fancy  a pint " Bailey.Priceless really.

I unfortunately lost a sponsor and it's left a big hole in my budget. I am selling beloved MK 1 MX5 V spec. ( e mail if you would like further info ). I have already sold all my possessions and given up my home. I now " live " in a caravan, whilst on tour. And will be homeless on the 10 th September when we finish.I am working 7 days a week to cover the costs for this 7 month long African Challenge. Which I am doing solo and unsupported. ( No armed guards and a Discovery Channel budget here. )

CAN YOU HELP ?

Some of my direct costs are:

1) Visas £1,300.
2) Fuel. 25,000 km £1,400.
3) Food and Accommodation for 200 days. £3,000. ( £15 a day)
4) Carnet de Passage.£757.
5) Return flight one way back to UK.£420
6)Shipping bike SA to UK £450.
7) Emergency £500.

These are all covered in my budget.Which I am personally paying for.But....now that I have lost a sponsor. I am short of funding for the Expedition kit and some bike kit.

So here goes. Can you help me ? Can you help me to help men and women who have lost their limbs ??

Expedition Kit need list. ( Major cost items.)

1).Gortex bivi bag. Hooped.or light weight 2 berth suitable tent.
2) Sleeping bag.Suitable.
3) Duel fuel cooker.( petrol )

Not being greedy.I have pride too. But it's a needs must here.:)

Bike Kit need list. ( Major cost items.)

1) Garmin Sat Nav. Africa...its a whooping £450. Or it's brave pill,map and compass.
2)  Top Box luggage. 40Lt +.
3) Side Panniers of 600 + Denier
4) Front Fork guard.
5) Front Disk cover.
6) Hand Guards.
7) Tool kit and tyre levers.


Part of me feels embarrassed to have to put cup in hand. but I have nothing left to sell or give.Some folk think I am nuts taking this so far. But I said publicly last November I would dedicate 15 months of life to helping wounded servicemen. So here i am 9 months later. 6 weeks to go.And I find myself short of my budget.

I have laid my cards on the table. One way or another I am going to fill the void left by the sponsor.

Can you help ???

My e mail is willmoore368@hotmail.co.uk

If you would like to donate to my charity, where every penny goes straight to my Help for Heroes page.......please click the Help for Heroes Logo Top Right.