Pages

Thursday 9 January 2014

Benin

Yes, it's a country ! After the visa athon, I am pleased to be here. I left Guilliam in Lome at 12am.And my 'French connection' contacts. Ive really enjoyed meeting these French guys. And they helped me a lot with the language. Which I value. A great bunch of characters,  who I plan to meet again. Anyway, i finally found the guesthouse I was looking for at 6 pm. Here in Contonou.

Sat outside on the veranda, as I'm sort of room less at the moment. The route here was very plush, with lots of new things to look at. Tiny islands with houses on. Fishermen in the lagoon, walking in the water with their nets. And the usual multitude of pots, pans,mops, food and aircraft parts, being carried on the women's heads.

I've been doing my research today. With a view to getting my Angola Visa tomorrow. The criteria is lengthy and not easy to fulfil. A ' Letter of Invitation ' is required. From an Angolan, resident in the country. 3 months bank statements and $100. ( The Embassy should be impressed with income these past months......zero.! )

Ahead of me is 300 km of heading inland. And crossing into Nigeria via Nikki. It's lesa dangerous than Lagos. But between Nikki and Abuja, there are 100 Check Points. Half of which are Vigilante.

So when I see just £100 in the past three weeks donated. It deflates me. All this cost,planning and personal risk. It truly gets to me. I mean what do have to do to make this a success ??

Can you help?  Can you email the national papers and bike magazines. Numbers count. This challenge has hit Facebook saturation point. Donation wise.

I said I will only stop if I run out of money or worse. I'm at £1,100 and got fifty vigilante check points ahead in Nigeria .

Please help me to help wounded servicemen. Click the Help for Heroes logo. And email the papers.

Will