Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

Happy New year

Well I managed to get ill again. Unsure exactly what it was. But was in a pool of swet most of the time and felt very weak. My poor ability to feed myself, not helping matters.

On que, I had a host of technology problems. And yes, China was at the centre of most of them. That and the phone network here, doesn't seem compatible with 3 G / 4 G data. ( Outside of wifi ).

So now I have a new Togo visa,for two months. Cost 10,000 cfa, they made a mistake. Giving me two months,  not the one month I asked for. But of course wanted an extra 10,000 cfa !!. Which i refused to pay.The Immigration office is right next door to Togo cell building ( If you need it. )

That leaves returning to the Benin Embassy, here in Lome. And getting my visa, cost is 10,000 cfa. And you get it on the day.

Not done anything too exciting,  due to illness. But I have met a great group of French people living here. Who I really like and they have taken me under their wing since my arrival. " Mon am mi." !!!! English and French. ....." sacre bleu ".

Lome has really grown on me. But then again, a place is only as good as the person or people you share it with.

Got some food and water to sort out. And a couple of bike bits. But expect to leave Togo Tuesday and be in Benin in the afternoon.

A big " thank you " to those who have been worried. And tracked me down via Twitter and locals, here in Togo and Benin. But who to trust as "les blanc", must be held dear, here in Africa. And that decision has to be mine alone.