Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

Adventure Bike Rider Magazine are to feature this challenge..

I love the Statistics feature I have with this blog.

So " hi " to the bloke in Bahrain that keeps visiting and the six in China....( there's loads of you guys, so invite your mates) !!!  And "thanks" to the two thousand who have read this blog in the past week.

What a few days! But first things first. I am waiting for the paint to harden on the tank and panels, so it can be couriered down to me from Preston. Graphics.net are busy finishing off the, well,.......the graphics. The new seat is on it's way to me now. Finished in Help for Heroes blue. And with a non slip cover. Ready for my boney backside to chafe it's way down the African West Coast.!!

ABR. Adventure Bike Rider have said they would like to feature this challenge. With a News Room article. Where I will update them as I go along my way. Providing extra exposure for the cause. That cause being wounded servicemen, many of whom have lost arms and legs. Everything to do with this challenge is for them. All the expense, the admin, chasing sponsors, promotion and PR work. It's all so you will say " fair play " and click the donate button.DONATE HERE


One article that has already been written was in wemoto News. They are a national motorbike spare parts company. Nice guys actually. ( I would say that, they sponsor me ) ! Big thanks to wemoto for helping me, giving the challenge a write up. Click here to read it. wemoto News


Now for the really good bit. I have a new sponsor. The Biker Store, in Surrey. click to see the store. The Biker Store   I spoke with Johnathon, the Manager. He said he " got loads of these, " but decided he would sponsor An Idiot Got Bored.. The Slow Way Down. How good is that ? Below is the helmet I am having sponsored. It's a AVG AX8 Duel sport. A brilliant helmet. Very,very light weight, with great ventilation for those scorching African Savannas. And lets be right, it just looks cool !


Come on...it looks cool. :)
On top of this great helmet, they are also sponsoring me RST Adventure jacket and trousers. They look fantastic.They were designed to ride from Northern Siberia to South Africa.With various membranes and high end materials. Despite what most people would do,I am not wearing biker boots. As I am on such an under powered bike. ( To grab the public's attention,so they donate ..:)) ) Weight and space are my number 1 concern. I simply do not have anywhere to put personal kit. So I shall be wearing British Army issue desert Lowa boots. Sponsor me anybody ?

Sleeves come off and there are buttons and straps and stuff everywhere. What more do you want ?

Really impressed with these pants and what The Biker Shop have done for the challenge. As soon as all the bits for the bike are back with me. It's Public Relations phase. Where I have to gain as much exposure as I can for this challenge. This challenge doesn't come free!! I am paying for it. It's costing me thousands and thousands. I'm not doing it for my health or because I want to make myself homeless. I am doing it so men and women who have served our country can walk again. 1,600 people a week are reading this blog. And that is Vantastic!! ( see what I did there ?) From all over the world. I will ask you to take 2 minutes and make a donation. Else what's the point of me writing this blog ? If you like what I am doing and who I am trying to help. Click here DONATE HERE Thank you.