Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

Suzuki RV 125 Van Van Transformation


My Army mate, Dave, is  preparing the tank, side panels and mud guards for painting. He is also making brackets and doing a spot of welding. And other things I do not understand. Chances are, Dave is a Wizard or Druid or something. But I am very impressed. The bike is going to be all white. Ready for the " London 2 Johannesburg " logo on the tank. Daz, at Graphics.net, is also putting on the Union Jack and South African flags, blending into each other.

Can you see what it is yet ? Two that Dave made earlier. They are extension brackets for the front fender. To raise it off the front wheel by a further 40 mm. This to give all that lovely African mud some clearance. Whilst I am  going down the West Coast of Africa. The Rainy Season will kick in on route, for about two weeks. Rock hard mud tracks can turn into meter deep bog, over night.!!


There is an account on Horizons Unlimited of a Landrover getting stuck in 1 meter deep mud. The " Overlanders " having to abandon the vehicle. And had to live with the local tribesman for 40 days !!! Until the rain stopped and the bog returned to drivable dirt! Lol. There is no way they'd put up with me for 40 days.....I have got Justin Bieber on my i pod to motivate digging me out.





Front Fender bracket fitted, you can see that it will lift it up above the tyre. But still will clear the frame when steering .( Hopefully ).




Yep...it's Dave's hand working some magic, wizardry. Thingy ma jig.The fiber glass needs some work, so yet again, Dave is sorting that out. You might be wondering why we are making the bike look so good. When it's going to get dropped about 80 times on it's journey south. The reason is, when the bike is " Help for Heroes " logoed up. I shall be returning the favour to my sponsoring companies. Such as Suzuki Haslemere. Ask for Mark in Sales or Tom in Service. Say I sent you. Click Suzuki Suzuki Haslemere  After I have done the Press Release, I shall be poodling to the given sponsors. Meeting the local paper, and getting the Mighty Van Van and the challenge cause, in the public's eye. Placing the Mighty Van Van at the center of all the photos. I just hope people understand how much effort is going into this challenge. And throw their hat into the ring. And donate a few pennies. If you like what we are doing and who we are helping. Click my charity page. Help for Heroes.




Guess who  this is ? He's London to Johannesburg's Stig !!  "  Some say.............."




You tell him he's not the London to Johannesburg Stig !!!


The Stig . Aka Dave, ( or is it ), has been doing some more prep work on the fenders.


Rear Fending getting filled and sanded ready for primer and then top coat of white paint. The bike will look great when Dave has finished. Once all  the graphics and new seat have arrived. Complete with non slip Help for Heroes blue cover. I shall put it back together and get the pics up on this blog. Then its Public Relations time.Getting the papers, and TV outside sponsors premises. taking the bike and my Pop Up Help for Heroes banners to bike events. Asking the folks to " text WALK to.." donate a fiver and running around with my collection tin.



If you have an event that you would like us to attend. Use the comment box or e mail me.Dave will be on hand with his blow torch to assist with motivating donators. " And on that bomb shell.........".

To chuck a tenner into my charity pot click here. Help for Heroes  YOU will make a difference.