Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

The Stig has been busy...


Hi all and welcome...we have followers from Russia to South Africa.

London 2 Johannesburg's own  Stig has been a very busy man. More of that in a sec..

But I wanted to cut straight to the chase and ask a question to you all. Comment box is below. One Carl Froch, the IMF World Boxing Champion Tweeted me yesterday. And re Tweeted this challenge ( Big thank you Carl, if you are reading ). Anyway, as a result, this blog had 400 world wide visits in 24 hours. Brilliant I thought.

But, and yes there is one. The total amount the challenge charity, London2Johannesburg. Help for heroes received was.....zip! Narder. Nowt. Nothing.!! In fact, in the past 5 days, this blog has received over 1,300 views.With no donations.



So my question to you is, what am I doing wrong ? And how can I improve the donations to the challenge charity ? As, whilst I love a challenge and adventure. The whole reason I'm doing all this, is to raise awareness and donations for our wounded servicemen. Most of whom have lost limbs. Answers in the Comments box or e mail please.:)) DONATE HERE click me.


Ok. L2J The Stig..aka Dave. He has been in the paint booth, ( more things I don't understand ), and he has been working his magic.Remember, the bike is going from Yellow to White. So the " London 2 Johannesburg " graphics and "text2donate" number will stand out.

Re introducing London to Johannesburg's very own.........The Stig !! ( aka Dave ). :)


Dave has been busy all weekend sanding down everything and applying fiberglass to the mud guards.

Sorry Dave, I forgot to mention the rear mud guard was a bit of a mess.:)

Rear mud guard being filled with......that stuff that Dave uses.

Brown ..??....going on


Lots of sanding and stuff later.
All primered up and ready for the White paint.

Sanded and getting ready for primmer.

Stigy is good....... isn't he !!


Side panels and two 40mm extension brackets. To raise the front mudguard
WOW Dave....he has made me promise that I will never, ever fall off.!! I agreed to the deal. ( Lol ).

Dave isn't a pro..but look at this finish. And again,I promise not to fall off on this 20,000km ( 50% off road ) challenge.:)
Front mud guard.See the two holes? 40mm bracket will fit there.To raise it higher off the tyre
Look at the difference to before...great job Dave. He is available for jobs.....I will auction his e mail for H4H donations:)
One of the sides......old Dave is a leeeegeeend !!!!

Well there you go.A picture may paint a thousand words. But Dave, aka The Stig paints a Suzuki Van Van !!
Brilliantly !!!!!! These Van Vans are just great little bikes ( Suzuki where's the cash ? ) It just reminds me of a little terrier. Yapps away, wags it's tale and scurry's about for ever and a day. Talk about the little underdog being asked to fight above it's weight.There is something good about that. And I cant wait to go on this epic adventure and challenge together.

Well,that's all folks. For now. Remember,who we are doing this for. Our brave servicemen, who have lost arms and legs.! My efforts are worthless, without your kind words, support and donations. Don't leave it to someone else.Please make a small donation today .click DONATE HERE 


This is why I am funding and doing this 20,000km solo challenge



Will