Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Clock is ticking..12 weeks and counting.

So much to do and yet so little time.

Well The Extreme Stunt show has been off the road for over a week now. This was my only opportunity to get everything in place for September 14 th. As often is the case, not everything moves at the pace you would like it to.

I do have a list of kit that the bike needs for Africa. But unfortunately Suzuki can not provide, as they don't make any accessories for the Van Van. And despite Technicians trying at Suzuki HQ in Milton Keynes. Retro fitting the bits I need for the Challenge, just didn't fit.So it's very disappointing, but now I am going to use the magical power of the internet and this blog. And see what we can come up with.

Ok. Begging time.The mighty Suzuki Van Van is in dire need of the following. ( Don't dose off.....I will be asking questions at the end .)

1).Front Fork Gaiters. 2.) Front Disk Guard. 3.) Head Lamp Guard. 4) Hand Guard. 5) Universal Slam Plate.
6) Fabric Side Panniers.600 Denier. 7) Sat Nav holder.8) 12 v sockets 9) 12 v tyre pump.10) A million pounds £££

1 to 9...if anyone or company can help me, please contact me on willmoore368@hotmail.co.uk  The bike needs this kit to go through the off road parts of Africa. Of which there are loads. Not to mention the Sahara desert, both Eastern and Western !!! Can anyone help me with sponsorship ?

The admin on a challenge like this is absolutely massive. I know most folk are going to think it all starts on September 14 th at Blindly Heath. Surrey.Outside The Biker Store. But I assure you, it's took hundreds of hours of admin to get to this point.

Injections !!

Great day out at the local surgery. Lost count of all the jabs I had. So much for " free state medicine ". ( Don't do it USA.) I lived in NJ for 2 years. Your system is light years ahead of what we have in the UK.
So despite " free social medicine " in the UK. I just paid for Hepatitis B & A. Diphtheria. Tetanus.Polio. Typhoid .Yellow Fever and Cholera at a cost of £130.



All painless enough though.Did make me think of all the diseases I am going to come across. Normally we have these injections and think nothing of it. But when I get to the likes of the Democratic Republic of Congo and Angola. It will all become very, very real !

Right, I am off to the library and download my Carnet de Passage documents from the RAC. This is similar to a persons Passport. It's a right of passage for the bike, from one economic global zone to another. It's costing just shy of £800 of the Queens Pounds. If you are American.......that's $1200 bucks. And for the  4 people I keep seeing in Japan reading this blog.( behind the scenes Statistics button )........loads and loads of Yen .( But not shed loads ! )
Back on tour with .....Just Click Logo


Where we are off to the Nissan plant in Washington. North East England.To do the Extreme Nissan Torque Show...so why not come along. There will be around 12,000 people there.Bikes, quads, drift cars and Monster Trucks. Should be great. Then we make our way up the coast and into sunny Scotland for 6 weeks. Really looking forward to practicing off road up there.

Remember i am giving up 15 months of my life and doing this 25,000 km challenge, all for wounded servicemen. These men and women are sent by politicians to war.But when they come back without any arms and legs, there isn't any money for them !!! Yet, there is £12 Billion available in " aid " for those who are not British and have never done anything for this country.!!!!!!!!!!! I think that's wrong, beyond belief. I am doing something about it.But my efforts are wasted without YOUR support . Click the Help for Heroes logo below and make a donations. How ever small, they all add up. Many thanks. try this CLICK ON LOGO



Will Moore