Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

Reviews and update.....

Been a good week.Chipping away at the weekly London to Johannesburg Admin. Doing the blog and seeing some good visiting numbers.From UK to USA. from Japan to Russia. It seems An Idiot Got Bored. The Slow Way Down.......( The Angry Pants are on )...!!! Is picking up steam. If you want to get involved, just e mail me. You never know. I have put my feelers out for some Motor Cross bits I am desperately in need of. Hand Guards, Disk cover and a Scott Oiler are at the top of the list.








So I have been out on the sandy beaches of both Redcar and Robinhood Bay, practicing for Africa.I don't think anyone is going to buy into these sleepy English Sea Side villages are like the Sahara Desert, but what do you do ? Riding in the sand is so different, and has shown me just how vulnerably the little bike is. It has been smoking a little since it's last outing. But has cleared up now.I am doing my best to do something for the Challenge when ever I can.Be it practicing on the bike, trying different pannier positions or maintenance. As soon as I've done the blog, I am off to adjust the chain. As it has stretched a bit. I also am going to take some of the Monster Truck oil out the front forks.As they are now rock hard. Now's the time to get all these things right. But I do feel time is not on my side. And there is so, so much still to do.

On the beach at Robinhoods Bay. England...( twin of the Sahara Desert..)

Now you've seen our miserable beaches, you can see why us Brits are always going on holiday abroad.Miami Beach, it is not !!! You can however, buy an over priced ice cream and get chased by the Police in a 4 x 4. ( It wasn't me ).


On top of Robinhoods Bay.



Whilst it's hard fitting everything around the Extreme Stunt Show. As we are on tour every day now, till 10 th September. I am enjoying, what can only be described as a  " roller coaster " of Planning & Preparation. My budget is so small and tight. That every penny counts. And at this stage, I am still in dire need of a Sat Nav. and Camping kit sponsors. Help !!!!

To follow The Extreme Stunt Show, as we trek across the UK..click the logo.........Scotland in two days. :)



Quick word on the boots I have gone for. They are Lowa Zepher GTX High. Anyone out there in the Forces will know of them. They are simply fantastic. As space and weight are major issues on the little 125. I am taking just one pair of boots. And these are the ones to go for.British Army issue and made in Germany.They are 100 % water proof and breathable.Ideal for Africa. I have no idea what the sole is made of, but they are as light as my trainers, ( sneakers for folks over that side of the pond ).And as comfortable as your favorite chair. ( I love good kit ).

It's Armed Forces day here in the UK. Where we show our support for those that commit the most to our country.And unfortunately get severely injured and maimed in the process.I am trying to help the men and women who loose arms and legs have a " normal " life again.I am dedicating 15 months of my life and over £6,800. All I ask is you help me to help them.If you click on the Help for Heroes logo below, you can make a donation safely and securely.


try this CLICK ON LOGO
Till the next time. Will