Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Exact departure date, time and location


Depart Saturday .September 14 th. 1400 hrs. From The Biker Store. Blindley Heath. Surrey. RH76JP. England.

Wow, two blogs in two days !! I am trying to cram all admin. for the challenge in the next ten days. So, here we go. Sponsoring company TaskForce Distribution are sending me a pair of Lowa Zepher GTX Gortex Desert boots. They will be at my mates house in Nottingham today. They are the same boot used by the British Army. As I have to travel very light, I shall be taking one pair boots for ridding, walking and the odd tribal dance. This is the boot I really wanted and TaskForce Distribution have been kind enough to get behind the challenge and sponsor me. So it's a big, big " thank you " from me. Here is there site. Just click the boot below..



Johanthan at The Biker Store,they have a massive store, has really helped me out too. He is sponsoring me a AGV AX 8 DS helmet. ( I just had to go for Titanium.Proper boys colour. )Some goggles, gloves and " technical underwear ". I am at a loss as to what that is. But they sound good !! Click their logo to check out the store. All these goodies are on their way to my mates house. His neighbors are going to busy with couriers leaving boxes. :) I have just got an e mail from Suzuki GB. There has been some Red tape about ordering accessories for the challenge. That being that Suzuki Japan can only sponsor me Suzuki Van Van genuine accessories. Which creates a problem. As they don't make any !!!! So the solution is a loop hole within their ordering process. I will update you all as soon as I know more. But it looks like Hand Guards, F/ Gaiters,F/ Disk Cover and high grade Denier panniers can be sourced. All my bits are crossed.:) On the media coverage front. The Nottingham Evening Post have said they will cover the story.The editor is calling me on Monday. Gaining coverage is an area I am concentrating on over the next few days off.The more coverage, hopefully, the more donations. I am ridding over 20,000 kms. Solo and unsupported, cross UK, France, Spain, Morroco, Mauritania, Mali, Gambia, Nigeria, Angola..the list goes on.Some of these countries are in bloody civil wars and not to mention I have to cross the Western Sahara Desert and Eastern Sahara Desert. Help me to help wounded servicemen who have lost arms and legs. Click the Help for Heroes below and make a donation. Here try this CLICK ON LOGO