Pages

Saturday 23 November 2013

Rear suspension has broken. Help !!

I'm some 600 km inside Mali now. I found a hotel complex in Bamako, the Capital, that let me camp outside. It has security and wi fi. What a result !!!

On route to Mali: Wild camping !!Low quality food every day, i am afriad.
The past 1,300 km from the Gambia to here have been hard going at times. The road sometimes being perfect. And clearly brand new. But other times,completely destroyed. Off road or dust track is  one thing. But huge,deep pot holes. Sometimes the size of car,connected together by a slither of tarmac has broken the seal on my rear mono shock absorber.



frame and the shocker have been damaged !!
Result being the rear mudguard is banging on the tyre,at the slightest bump. To counter,I have been stood up on the foot pegs for most of the past 360 odd kms. Not easy when you have lost 8 or 9 kg in weight.( over a stone in English. Or 18 lbs ish ) It wasn't like I had a lot available to loose in the first place. :)))
I have two requests folks. Firstly, this Challenge, despite mine and others best efforts, has only raised €100 in the past two weeks. £4100 in total.  Christian Walking Around Britain, in aid of homeless servicemen, has raised over £100,000. Difference being his charity donate page went viral on Facebook. Due to folks ' SHARING 'it. And most importantly, his challenge is constantly in the public eye,via the papers. He's even had international interest from TV broadcasters.

This isn't about him and it isn't about me. It's about helping men and women, who have served our country and returned in a wheelchair. Their arms and legs blown off by IED's. And over 70% of our servicemen who have lost an arm,get turned down for Incapacity Benefit !!! As if its their left arm and they are right handed.The governments paid for doctors, say they can still work and do not qualify! !!!

Can you please help me ? A.) Make a donation via the Help for Heroes logo top right. B) SHARE this blog on Facebook and Twitter.
As I mentioned before, my suspension is broken and my rear tyre is now worn. Due to the bottoming out. The mudguard rubbing against the tyre.
With the bribes and over charging of everything, my budget is 100% going to run out, way before Johannesburg.

Can you help me ?
The further and longer I go. The more charity donations we recieve. If you like what I am doing,please make a donation via THE TEAM FUEL BUTTON.
Ive had £85 donated. But the cost of shipping a rear shock absorber and tyre, plus fitting,will be more like £300. And I simply can't cover the cost.  Plus Visas, Passavonts,bribes for the next ten odd countries.
Please don't just hope someone else will do it. Because they will be thinking the same.
Im stuck here in war torn Mali. With my fingers crossed.
Below are some photos I took for you all along the way.This guy looked happy to see me.....not !!! Came over as the kids were showing me their school books. Kids so far, have been lovely. Heart melting stuff.

Super No1 make this bike. Check his tank !
Kids suround me; proudly shows me his school book
I am only ever one incident away from major trouble: personal protection:
on the roqd i hqve q knife under my tank bag:
You can see the where the tyre is bottoming out on the fender :