Pages

Saturday 12 October 2013

Morroco

Bonjour again and Saladi cum

I just wanted to say "thanks allot " to the guys in the Royal Regiment of Gibraltar. They gave me food and accommodation for three days. Whilst I waited for the weekly boat.The SSM Carl coming over t wish all the best and have a quick chat. Then a REME lad fixing my rear light. Im all Hexi blocked up. Legends.

Ok. I can't spell in Arabic. Actually, thinking about it, I can't speak it either.

The boat from Gibraltar was an hour late. It was packed with Morrocan workers returning home. There is a big Islamic festival starting Tuesday. Once on the boat I found I was the only non Morrocan. We all had to que up for two hours to get a stamp in our passports. O what joy. I mean, if there's a que in a shop of more than 3 people in the UK, I don't buy whatever it is !!

Upon docking at Tangiers Med. It was bedlam. Over laiden cars, over laiden people and an over laiden Van Van bomb bursting out the back of the boat.

Then it was over to Customs. To import my bike and report to the Police. So they could ask for a bribe. O how we bonded. He had more chance of platting snot.

Then the final phase of the port circus, was bike insurance. More giggles, as I was informed my bike was the same as a car !!!!!! In my best Arabic, I pointed out it had a popcorn machine for an engine. No reclining seats, no aircon, unless the visor was up ........and only two bloody wheels !!!!!

So after he insured my 125, 12 bhp bike as a Lambo, for €92 for a month. ( Which apparently is the same as two weeks).I was finally off into Morocco.

The A1 was...well A1!! Better than any UK road and a direct copy of the French Peage.

I rode till 11 pm local.Getting as far as Asilah. (Probably not spelt that correctly. )

I've spent the day here. Getting local knowledge of what's ahead. Tomorrow its Rabat, about 200 km south. I like "Soooouth." To get my Visa. If I can't it Monday, I will be stuck there for a week. Due to this Islamic festival.

So far the locals have been friendly. One even showing me a sign to stand next to. That says "angry little Welsh men play with dolls"!!! How strange I thought. :))

Some photos below. Im not in many as I cant make the phone balance . Will rent an angry little Welsh man, as soon as I can find the appropriate sign.