Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Sahara Desert Part Duex

Salada madi cum

Through Agidir and Guelim. And now in Tan Tan Plage. Chipping away at the 1, 200 km of desert region. Met Tash, an English girl, who just married a local guy. Who works at the camp site. Between them I sorted out some bread and fuel. And got the low down on black market petrol from Anglers.

The desert road is almost totally straight, so not too exciting. Two days ago I put my i pod on, whilst riding, for the first time. I'm sure I look like the Sheik of Cool, as I ride along, singing and boping in my helmet and enduro suit. Infact, entertainment is when I see some camels !! And they seem to look at me all confused.

Back in the north of Morocco, I'd see Police at most roundabouts. But they always waved me through. Now, there are very official check points. With a mixture of Morrocan Army and then Police. All armed. (This region has had issues in the past.)

They now always pull me over and ask for my passport. I need to print off and fill in something called a 'Ficshe'. (Might not be spelt correctly. )
It's a bit like a questionnaire for a dating show. What's your name, where do you come from, where are you going. And do you prefer brunette or blondes ? That sort of thing.

The desert is still a mixture of rock and sand. Not quite the Lawrence of Arabia set, you might expect. Temperatures and humidity are all tolerable. But I have noticed the bike is rusting at an unseen before rate! ! Any exposed metal and it rusts. I think the Sahara is like a microwave ruster. :(  so I have baby wiped the bike. Honestly, I have.  To remove all oil, I have a slight leak, so the sand can't stick.

I need to Google " cado " or " cadu". I'm guessing it means " can I have your cash buddy ". As ever kid I pass says it to me !!! Lol.

Presently being entertained by a four year lad. Who is pointing at bits of my bike. Wanting to know what it's called in English.  Nice just to be ' talking ' to someone.

Going for it tomorrow. Making good head way towards the Mauritania border.

Not much to report. Apart from sun, sand and dating questioners.

Find me on Facebook . London to Johannesburg. "Like" and get updates and more sarcasm.

Will