Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

Africa here I come.

 Oola ".
I am at present in San Javier,Spain. Having spent the last four days getting the bike all prepared for the next phase of this Challenge. Africa !

I wanted to say a big " thank you " to an old Army mate, Ga Dogget. And the UK.FMX crew, Josh, Chez, Jack and John. Who have all helped me in one way or another, over the past few days.It's been great catching up too. :)

But it's time to get back on the road. Everything has been checked, adjusted and re packed. I now have a means to recharge my phone and new Helmet Cam, from the handle bars. The rear light now works too !! And where possible, all Chinese products have been thrown in the skip ! ( Stick to noodles China.!! )


In the morning I am riding along the coast towards Gibraltar,where I intend to get the ferry to Tangiers, Morocco.A distance of some 600 kms. As always, I will be taking the back roads, when ever possible. The route follows the southern Spanish coast line.So it should be good.I do  plan to try and get this section done as quickly as possible. As I am itching to get into Africa.:)))

I have been e mailing various Tabloid Newspapers. With a view to getting this Challenge into the national papers.Do you like what I am doing and who I am trying to help out ? Well why not become apart of it and help me out.

The more people who e mail the papers, the better the chance we have of  them picking the story up.And with the Challenge in The Sun, The Mirror, Daily Mail or a bike magazine, the more donations we are likely to receive. At present the donations are at £2,300.Which isn't that great, when you think it's cost me personally three times that, in direct costs.And ten times that in lost earnings!

So can you all copy and paste the text below. Included are some e mail address too. Only takes 2 minutes,but times by everyone who reads the blog.And we would hit the papers with 2 or 3 hundred e mails !! You see the plan now ? Please Copy and Paste.


Dear Editor,

An ex soldier is a riding a small 125 cc bike from London to Johannesburg.He is solo, unsupported and using just a map and compass. All to raise awareness and donations for wounded servicemen. Many of whom have lost arms and legs.
Below is his blog / website link.

An Idiot Got Bored. The Slow Way Down.


E mail address.

The Sun : talkback@the-sun

Daily Mail : editorial@dailymailonline.co.uk

The Mirror : scoops@sundaymirror.co.uk

Motorcycle News : AndyCarlton@motorcyclenews.com 

Remember this challenge is to help wounded servicemen. To help them walk again, to help them have a 'normal' life after serving our country. Don't be yet another coach potato reading my blog. Too busy to think of helping, as Coronation Street is on. I have put everything into this challenge.Spend just two minutes helping me out.I'd really appreciate it. So wizz those e mails off :) And that means you Gar Dogget too !!

Will blog on my way to Gibraltar.Some photos below of Josh, John and Spanish "pilot" Nico.Bike getting worked on and the nice apartment I've been put up in.

Back to reality......wild, wild camping :)

Will