Pages

Friday 27 September 2013

N330

TO MAKE A DONATION.  CLICK THE HELP FOR HEROES LOGO RIGHT. TAKES YOU TO THE CHARITY PAGE. 



I took 24 hrs off, just outside Teruel. To sort some admin for back home. Stayed in a small,  fairly rough campsite. To do laundry and make some calls. All bloody night long, , dogs were barking, some bug was grinding its teeth near the tent. And some English man was shouting " shuuuuut uuuup ".!!! Lol

Whilst there I decided to try out some of the many powered Energy Drinks I had. As I'm fine tuning what's coming to Africa with me.

Having bought some extra ' boil in the bag packs ', I use the water to make a brew normally. But having had three boil in the bags. I had now had about 3 pints of powdered Energy Drinks !!!! Talk about wired. Up till 5 am in the tent, bopping away to DJ Tiesto !!! What a plonker !

Up at 10 am next day and still wired direct to Mars. I got on the N330.
Wow !!!!!It was El scortio And the road constantly was bending from left to right. Up and up, over mountains. Rising to 1, 400 meters.Some 4, 200 ft. Through loads of little Spanish villages. ( you come across allot of them in Spain. )  I'm not on a R1 or anything.  But I loved it. The Van Van, despite oil leaks and only being a 125, dogedly carrying on.

I must have done about 320 kms. And my mpg was 75.Low for the mighty Van Van.  But that was down to all the mountains and me making " weeeeee " noises, , going round the bends.  Great fun. Time flew by.

It was getting dark.  So I hide myself and the bike around the back of a dissused house. That was in the middle of nowhere.

Really enjoyed the N330. My best day riding yet.

I will be at the coast tomorrow.  And meeting an old Army mate Saturday night. Then on to meet Chez, Josh, John and Jack at San Javier.  For a catch up and a beer or ten. And the all important final preparations for Africa.