Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Bonding with the Spanish truckers

So after the night of European relations building at Dune Playa. I got up at the crack of lunch time. And set off.

Nothing too exciting to report. Finally running out of day light at Leitza. Where I pitched at a camp site. So as to charge my phone.  And get my weekly shower. :) And from the menu I had a large plate of grilled bacon.:)))) ( I have not forgiven the Boer for the Ravioli pot episode. )

The next morning is where the fun began.I was now in Spain and in the lower part of Piarraneze mountains. Thing is my bike can only cruise happily at 45 mph, with all the weight.(Im so butch ).

And the road to Pamplona was up mountains and mainly single lane.!!! (Are you painting the picture yet...?)

Throw a couple of hundred Spanish 40 tone trucks  into the mix and ....well. ......im surprised the Spanish Environment Noise Control Agency didn't have complaints for 80+ kms. All I could hear was Scania air horns blasting away behind me !!!!

Put the turbulence of a NASA wind tunnel into my situation.  And it was all I could do to take my left hand off the handle bars slowly, and comminicate with my middle finger. :)

I didn't want to stop and see any of the sights. Due to the nature of the terrain. And the Van Van having some oil leaks. So pushed on towards Zaragoza. Cooking by the road side and having the all important brews.

Having put hours on loads of Spanish truckers day. I turned off the A68. Onto a dust track .I rode on it for a couple of kms. But it didn't seem to lead anywhere. And was a dusty Service road for all eco windmills. So....ahhh...seeing a Petrol station I decided t go back on the road id left. But there was a fence between me and the petrol station car park. But I found a gate. So with a bit of jiggery pockery, I got the bike and the panniers through.

Proud of myself, I made camp that night by the car park. Little did I know what I had done............

Will post another blog today. Need to do some personal admin, , during office hours.

Find us on Facebook.  London to Johannesburg. Click "Like "

I'm  doing all this for wounded Servicemen.  Please press Help for Heroes logo top right.  And make a massive donation.

Not allot of photos. Due to being in a mountainus NASA wind tunnel, doing 40 mph. With half the Spanish Scania fleet in hot, horn blowing pursuit.

Will :)