Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

France. Some where. .......near disaster.Day 1

Bon Jour

Boy....what a 48 hrs. Firstly thank you to all the Van Van ers who came down to The Biker Store. And "cheers" to Nod for all the support and bits at the end there.

Got some major mobile phone issues here. Well...it wont work!  I work abroad allot and have never had this problem before. My mobile wont register to any network.  Using Macdonalds wi fi at the moment.  I can't call EE as eeeer, the phone doesn't register to a network. Nod. Could you ask them to press their magic button or e mail me. I will pick it up on my next Wi fi visit. Very annoying and frustrating.  I cant make or recieve a call .

Well Day 1......wasn't in a rush. Finally got to Calais around 0030 hr.Went down the coast on a D road. Basically a country lane and got my head down at 2 am.

Used the tent as a Bivi bag, as its Gortex. Woke up next to a sign. It said ( in French. With symbols).Eeer ....No Camping.  No Bikes. No Smoking.  No Fires.So 3 out of 4 broken on my first night, not too shabby !

Decided to potter down the coast. Saw Le Touquet signs. Huge beach, which has a massive Enduro on it. Put some photos up, some Swiss chap took.

I've re jigged slightly the luggage. Boy the bike is hwavy and not easy to balance. It also has a slight oil leak. And is desperate for a service Im on Day 2 now. Just bought the 10w 40.And will change it tonight. Once ive found a spot to hide the tent.

Anyway. Yesterday I very nearly died.Pretend this is the uk. It might be easier. Whilst briefly on the A16. And in the slow way down lane. I heard a massive screach of tyers. At which point a VW Golf over took me, all four wheels locked and in a huge skid.He over took me at about 70/80mph. His steering wheel was turned left.... and he did a complete 360 in front of me !!! Not 20 meters away, whilst im doing about 45/50 mph.The golf came right across my lane, , just missing me and smashed into the side barrier !!!

I immediately went to the nearest bath room!! So Day 1 and nearly died. That night I found a disussd quary. And pitched up in tgere. Away from pring eyes and the wind. The owner did come over and was happy for me to stay. Said he would read the blog. So "bon jour.  Tres bien". That's about all I've got.

Today I was heading towards Le Mans.But decided to buy a mobile charger and engine oil.In Macdonalds doing this.My mobile wont connect to a network. EE  help !!!

Anyway. 90% all good.  Not surprisingly, im stt doing things I would gave done before departure.  Had the bike not been stolen. Had quite a few strange looks off the French locals.As my bike does look like a furniture removal van.

If anyone can help with this mobile, id appreciate it. EE Samsung 3 mini. Data Roaming etc is on. Even though it shouldn't need that, to pick up a network.  Just says Emergency Calls !


Nazi bunker. My first nights pitch.No Camping. No bikes.....ooops

 Check out my " satnav".....compass....Soooooouth