Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

3 Days Till Departure

I finished the 26 week tour with The Extreme Stunt Show on Monday. We worked every pay. 7 days a week.From 7 am to 10 pm. Then from 10 pm till 1 am I did admin and planning for this Challenge. Then, unfortunately, the generator was turned off.

Monday and Tuesday I spent picking up my car and bike. Hiring a van and man, to get my kit to Nottingham and London. Big " thank you " to Dangerous Brian for driving the van and really helping me out. ( Still dangerous though.) And also a big " thank you " to Beccy and Mark.Mark is slightly camp, but has been a great mate for over 17 years.Really appreciated staying over and " sorry " for taking over the kitchen floor and washing machine. George is just ace, but that puppy dog thing, was annoying.( Joking.Just was always under my right foot.). I must apologise to you both. As on one occasion I did give it a quick toe flick, to the other side of the room.lol. It loved being airborne.( See you soon mate.)

Today I have been working my way through my last " To Do " list.
Geee.......I don't know where to start. I have dyed the 58 Pattern Back Packs I'm using as bike,side panniers.  From green to black. I'm a civy and don't want to look too army.

Put the finishing touches to the First Aid Kit. It has the basics. Plasters. Bandages. 1 x First Field Dressing. (If shot, will hold a pint of blood. ) Various pills for stomach and botty issues. Anti Inflammation, not Inflation, as i did put.And heavy duty pain killers. Anti septic wipes,scissors and a bag of magic kisses for " boo boos".:)

A Wash Shaving Kit. No shampoo. No shaving gel. Just bars of soap and sand paper !!. Lol. Toothbrush and paste.( Normal.) 2 x High leathering soap bars,Gilette Sensor, with 20 razors. ( The best a man can geeeet !!)

Attached a 48 hrs Survival Kit to my 3 Lt water Camel Bak.( Goes on your back and you can drink water whilst riding.) Which includes, NRG 5 ration bars. Purification tablets. Ballons and socks, to make emergency water containers. (Put the balloon in water. Fill and place in sock  for support. ) Para cord. Compass and matches.

In my Enduro Jacket I have another First Field Dressing. Gerber multi tool. 48 hrs German Special Forces rations. And a mini First Aid kit. And some other bits. ( Bazoooka kept sticking out ).

Packed both side panniers.  With weight distribution being the priority.  I've kept the heavest kit low down. Close to the center of mass. So spares for the bike and rations are at the bottom.  All the 'sections ' are in re sealable bags. And the panniers are lined with heavy duty Rubble Bags. Tyre leavers are right at the bottom.  Sitting inside the panniers, parallel with the bike. Giving support, as the panniers sit on the rear luggage rack. Huge " thanks " to Tony Bailey for building it. (I did paint it ). ;)
In total I have a good 20 days of rations. Including Energy powders and the most important thing. ...............tea bags ! !!!

I shall only use the ' boil in the bag 'packs when totally isolated.  Or I feel a tad reclusive, due to the environment.!! Otherwise, it will be a constant search for water, petrol and food. In that order .
I have also had the Gortex tent up in the lounge.  Fantastic bit of kit. Many, many thanks to Jason. Checked my Vango Self Inflating bed mat.( " self "...read, "you blow it up".) And US Army issue dos bag. Mega comfy and warm. With detachable membrane.

I've also checked and packed the Multi Fuel stove.24 hr rations. Cooking pots. And bike tool kit.  All fitting in the rear Top Box. Although I do need some bits tomorrow.
Down sides today. My bike Hand Guards came as two right handers!  Left one should be here Friday.  Or I will look a right plonker.

And the tyre pump arrived broken.  So was unable to Slime the inner tube. ( Green slime sits inside the inner tube. When exposed to the air, due to a puncture.  It expands into the hole and goes hard.). Will buy another pump tomorrow and slime to my hearts content. Other slight issues, was NHS wouldn't even entertain giving me any vacations!!! As I would have to register . Annoying.  So will have to pay for them somewhere.
Lastly I packed my personal kit. Didn't take long. 2 x t shirt. 1 x trousers with zip shorts. 2x boxers and socks. Plus what I have on under my Enduro Suit. Ok. So I won't be out Clubbing. But I have got what I need.

Took plenty of photo s as I was going along today. Doing this on my phone. As it is how I will do it once under way.

See what you think. ??? Leaving.... ever so slowly.Saturday 14 th Sept. @ 1400 hrs. Blindley Heath. The Biker Store. Surrey.

New blog tomorrow
.
Will
Its all for wounded sericemen. Hair be Le Josh Grinrod.
Click Help for Heroes logo,top right.And become a mega star.xx
No I am not bloody kidding.All to fit ( plus loads more), on a 125 cc bike. Named " Stealth"..as its all but silent. Due to having a Pop Corn machine,as an engine.( Just saying).
3 Lt water Camel Bak. 48 hrs Emergency food.NRG 5. Mini First Aid Kit. FFD.Mints. Matches.Anti septic wipes.
Hair by Le Josh again.Camel Bak full with 3 Lt water.And Survival Kit.
Sleep over......Goretx tent all works. Bought extra pegs.
5 Star after living in the bunk waggon for 6 months !
Yep ! Just got the right Hand Gaurd...Left arrives on Friday.....i hope !
Wash Shaving Kit. No shampoo,conditioner,shaving gel here. :)
7 months...and here are my entire personal clothes! plus what i have on.
Space matters big time.3 x pots and handle.LED head torch. Sweeteners and  tea bags.
Multi fuel head. Water purification gadget fit into pot too.
Tabasco Sauce.Must have...when you cook like me.! Covers all burnt bits.
Water proof and wind proof matches in the pot too.And else where as back up to my petrol lighter.
Who remembers these ? Will use in Europe and buy tins from top supermarkets only. Such as Lidle and Aldi !Its the way i roll.
Energy drinks to give me bounce...lol