Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Wild Boer

Phone issues are over now. EE turned me on internationally now. ( Oy yoy.).
I had expected my trip through France and Spain to be proving ground for myself, the bike and my kit.
I didn't expect there to be an incident every day.
Yesterday I changed the oil on my bike and adjusted the new chain.
Thought I'd finally get a few miles under my belt.  But no. Really high winds put pay to that. (I don't mean me after a curry.) Had the bike at 20 degrees. It was also raining heavily.
And I've removed my front fender.  And put Monster Truck oil in my forks. Loads better off road and more clearance.
Down side. Riding my bike in the rain. Is like riding in the shower with a hose pipe in your face !!! It's great fun. You should all try it. It's like some sort of pain endurance test. How long can you last?
Ok ive got a moan coming.  And it's to China.  Stop making stuff with moving parts. You are rubbish at it. Stick to soup and noodles! !!
My multi fuel cooker has already fell apart.  And my wind proof petrol light, has never once lit. I am now using my back up cooker, good old Hexi blocks and wind proof matches.
So, last night I saw a sign which was the French equivalent of the Ministry of Defence on a huge wooden area near L'Aigle. .......so I thought it would be probably easier to get in their, than some farmer field.
So I did.  Peeing it down again. I made myself a huge pot of Ravioli with Tabasco sauce. (Not wanting to use my boil in the bag packs).
Well. When it was time for bed  I put my rubbish bag and pot of ravioli about 10 m away from the tent. Put a lid on the pot, with a rock on it.
Well I'd like to report a theft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I woke up to my rubbish bag everywhere.  And both pot and lid, with my ravioli stolen ! Wild Boer had ganged up and knicked my pot and breakfast. !!!!! How out of order is that. So I am sat here, just had a bacon sandwich, whilst writing this blog. Back at you Boer, I hope I ate your cousin.
So finally sorted oil and chain on bike and phone issues. Just need to find a bike charger on route now. And im sorted. Going to enjoy seeing Le Mans. Always wanted to go there. And then head towards the coast. So I can go around the Piarraneze, rather than over. Plus Biarritz sounds like they are Boer free.
Photos are from last night. Before the theft occured!!! Can't believe they stole my ravioli, the pot and the lid !!!!! Hhhhhhm baaaaaacon sandwich. ......
I do do a diary every night. Listen to some music and plan my next day.
Remember that I am suffering my Boer theft for wounded Servicemen.  Please press Help for Heroes logo and donate a bit of cash.
Will " I love bacon " Moore




As anyanyone on the Extreme Stunt Show. Will tell you.....I love my boots and shorts.