Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Don't go down to the woods tonight. .



Bit dark in these ere French woods.I spent about 5 hours in a small town called Gournay en Bray, , yesterday. Trying to sort my phone issue.Turns out its my service provider.  Bit annoying. But will spend £20 from a phone box tomorrow.  And get them to wave their magic techno wand.

Photo above was last nights location. I've stayed off main roads. And have been heading South or South West. Using my MK 1 Satnav. Aka as a compass. Rural France is really lovely. But all the villages seem to be shut, when I turn up. No people, just lots of little Renault s everywhere.

So it was gettting close to 9pm and was raining. I saw some woods in distance and headed for them. I got the mighty Van Van about 30 m inside the woods. To find I qaa ridding on a bed of thorn bushes. " Gosh" I thought again.
Back tracked slightly and made camp.


I didn't bother making the tent, due to the time. Just using it as a bivi bag, as its Goretex. All my kit down one side. Inflatable mat and doss bag on the other.



Dinner is served. Had to use a boil in the bag. Corn beef hash. Love it. You can keep your salads and Roast Pheasant Voller Vons :)

Dangerous Brian didn't find me a plastic mug. No bother. I boil the water and food in one pot.Have my tea bag and three sweeteners in the other pot. Dinner ready and tea at same time. Pot can be a tad hot though.



Almost impossible to do this without mobile blogger. Lost sata twice. This has took nwarly 2 hrs. Will get EE fixed tomorrow.

Above is my camp. Bivi bag. Cookingarea and rear of bike. The top box is the kitchen and First Aid area.

Ok. Off on the road again. Not a eace but want to make some gwad qay. Still heading towards Le Mans. Hopefully be there tomorrow.  Phone issues permitting.

Couldn't sleep. ..in the rainy woods. 3 am... what do you do ?? Get your I pod on and have a little boogie.listening to The River by Good Charlot.

Will