Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

9 Days to go.

Why do I always feel as though I am at Confession, when I write this  blog ??
Yes only 9 days to go. I shall be leaving from Blindley Heath. Surrey. At 1400 hrs. Saturday 14 th Sept. So if you like what I am doing. Why not just come along and show your support. I will be a bit embarrassed,  but really appreciative.
In Southampton at the moment. Last 4 days of The Extreme Stunt Show tour. I have been working my way through 6 A4 pages of "To Do".
Just back from sorting out some US Dollars. (The international currency of "bail me out ").
And bought a load more kit. Nothing too exciting.  And definitely no shoes !!
But I have finished off the home made First Aid kit now. And the Wash Shaving kit has been cut back to the bare bones.
Some of the kit bought today includes. 2x 10 Lt collapsable water (emergency) Fuel Containers. 4 more extra strong bungees. 1 x 10 Lt Water Container.  Petrol lighter. Disk Lock. Balloons. ( Personal Survival kit). Not to have a party in the Sahara Desert, if the mood grabs me. But to put in my Camel Bak. They can be a good, quick emergency water container. When placed in a sock. I will also have NRG 5 bars.And 48 hrs German Special Forces rations in there. For use in theatres of limited water supply.
Others bits of kit that were on my list include. LED head tourch, plastic plate and some diggers. Quality re sealable bags.The all important Tabasco sauce. Which can change the taste of anything you cook. And for me, that's not a bad thing. As I am rubbish. A couple of old P38 tin openers. As I don't intend to use any of my Army boil in the bag packs till I get to Morocco. I will just buy a few tins each night, whilst in France and Spain.
Anyway, pictures paint a thousand words.
I will update in a few days. From the 9th to departure, I am going to be a busy lad
Please remember why I am doing all this. Its to help wounded servicemen.  Most of whom have been in a IED explosion. And have lost arms and legs. I have given up my lovely Surrey apartment.  Sold my TV etc. My MX 5 ....and it had pop up head lights!! Worked seven days a week.  For the past 26 weeks on The Extreme Stunt Show.  Uk tour.
Now it's over to you. The British public.  Will you care enough to make a difference ? Will you make a donation by clicking the Help for Heroes logo top right ??? I don't know.  Guess I will find out. ;)
How could i forget ? I also have a Drift X 170 Helmet Camera on route. Its used.But at £50, not £170, its a bargain.  So I should be able to upload footage. Which should be pretty Gucci.

Will