Pages

Friday 20 September 2013

Saintes

Bon jour. ...

I got up from Boer watch yesterday morning, made breakfast and packed my kit away. I was on the D 307 for 8 am. And of course, following my ' satnav ', heading South. From Le Mans. ( The mighty Van Van suited the race track ) :)

Having had a few delays, due to phone and minor bike issues. I wanted to get a good few kms under my belt.

So I crancked up the 12 bhp and held on tight and sat at 45 mph. ( 75km ph) .The Van Van is actually really comfortable. With my sleeping bag behind me, it's like sitting in your favourite arm chair. All be it with allot of buffeting.

Through the French countryside on a nice day. What could be better ? These little villages remind me of how England was about 40-50 years ago. A very different way of life. Slow and peaceful.

So I sometimes made a point of standing up on my bike whilst riding through, just to see their reaction.
Nice though.

I kept going, through Saumur and over the Loire river. On the D 938, heading to Parthenay. Eventually I finished up just outside Saintes. Having covered 350 kms.  Not too shabby for a 125, carrying allot of weight !

Today I am staying at my first camp site. Having stayed in various woods so far. ( Im still not over the Ravioli,  Boer theft )!

So it's been an exciting day here at An Idiot Got Bored.  Doing my laundry in the shower. ( Didn't take long. One have 3 pairs of socks and boxers. .lol ) Fixing the puncture on my Vango mat. And trying to fix my multi fuel cooker. I only have enough Hexi blocks for two more days. So I need this Chinese cooker to work . Or its cold 'boil in the bag ', till I can get a replacement.

Also tightened up a few nuts on the mighty Van Van and wax oiled the chain. ( I do have a little idea for protecting the chain in the Sahara. Watch this space. )

Going to have a big day tomorrow and get to the Spanish boarder. Im heading for the coast. So as to go around the Piarraneze and not over.

Put some photos of today's laundry. And other bits. O and I just wanted to say " hi " to Mark, Jonny, Vali and Costelli over in Romania. Although all highly homo sexual.  They were good lads to work with . ( Woz e ma. .moooooow ). ;)

And Mark. You best hurry up and pick my car up . As Becy is stressing as its on the drive. :)

Speak soon. Off to fold my boxers.

Will