Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

You must pay !!!!

TO DONATE. PLEASE CLICK THE HELP FOR HEROES LOGO RIGHT. 

So.....having come off the A68, near Zaragoza and gone on to a dust track. That led to no where. I'd squeezed through this gate, as my road was all fenced off.

In the morning, packed my camp away and let loose the wild horses. 5 minutes later I went to turn off, heading for Tereul.

Well blow me if there wasn't a huge barrier and Toll booth.  Scratching my helmet. ( now then potty minds).
I asked the attendant what was going on. As I wasn't on a Toll Road.

Well. ...it turned out I very much was. Now !! My cross country trek and gate squeezing session. Had put me on the Peage / Toll road that ran parallel !!! The AP 68. I had accidentally gone from a normal road. The A68 to a parallel road, not 500 m away, called the AP 68!!!

He told me, as i didn't have a ticket " You have to pay for use of ALL of the Toll roads " !!! As in a huge $$$ euro number. My arms started to wave ( in Spanish of course ) "but but but...I just came through this gate....off a field "...His head shook...." you must pay for everything. ..or go back "

Clutch in and I was off. Back on to this bloody Toll road. When the traffic went quiet, I went to the central reservation, lifted a chain and wizzed up the other side. Now riding North, in the opposite direction.

I soon realised of course, ' my petrol station ', with the secret gate. Was on the other side of the road. And I couldn't get to it.

So not wanting a 500 odd Euro bill. For accidentally getting on the Toll road. I looked to sneak out. But the road is all fenced in. Thinking outside of the box.  I went to the petrol station opposite mine. Serving North bound traffic.  And it turned out it was a copy of the other one. Complete with gate to a joining field.

Guess what happened next ? Yep...a prode with the Van Van front wheel.  A bit of jiggery pockery. ...and I was out. And back on the A68. And surrounded by Spanish trucks......

I only did a couple of kms, determined to go back lanes.  Heading South West.  One appeared, but wasn't in my 3 euro Spanish map. But off I went. Nothing, and I mean nothing.!!!As far as the eye could see. Just me and the bike. And open Spanish rugged landscape.

It was great.  Loved it. Photo's are below .

I am now just South of Teruel. About 380 kms from San Javier. Where I am meeting Gary Doggett from Basic Training.  He lives over here. Then off to spend money I don't have on the bike. ( Joking.  It was always in the budget. ).

Took today off. To do my laundry.  Some admin. For back home.And well...because I can.
Teruel is nice. Just been wizzing around the historic old town. Looking for a Pharmacy. As a mozzy bit my eye lid. It's a cool look. Check the pics out.

Facebook.  London to Johannesburg. The one with the bike. Click " Like".

Now on a serious note. Im not on a jolly. Im paying for this. And risking everything. There is Al Queda where I am going.  And I don't think that they will be inviting me around for a cuppa. So if you like what I am doing. Please spend 2 minutes with your bank card. Click the Help for Heroes logo and show your support.  It goes directly to them. I don't see or touch a penny. I would like to raise £15, 000.

Please help me do that.

Will